Psychiatry Deconstruction Zone
Proceed at Your Own Risk!
"Our mission is to help psychiatry (for its own good) free itself
from the delusions that keep it from
being an effective medical speciality
and to provide proof that thousands of people are right
when they say they are NOT mentally ill"
- A Special Message for Families and Friends of Someone Diagnosed as Having Schizophrenia
- Where are the thousands of former mental patients who got "Weller Than Well?" (Karl Menninger quote, questions raised.)
- Critical Issues the Media Ignores During "Mental Health Month" Every May
- A Beautiful Mind The story of Nobel prize winner John Forbes Nash, Jr. proves that psychiatrists are wrong about schizophrenia being a brain disease like Alzheimers and Parkinson's. However, the movie about Nash, a Beautiful Mind, starring actor Russell Crowe, is a misleading distortion of his story.
- "Beautiful Minds" Can Be Recovered An editorial authored by Courtenay M. Harding, Ph.D.
- Textbook for graduate students: A Schizophrenia Breakthrough
- Research reports and professional articles:
Messages, Insights, and Wisdom From Psychiatric Survivors (see index here)
- The Exchange: Shorter messages, stories, and essays sent to this web site shared.
- Bookstore and Resources
- Support Organizations
- Links to related sites.
Disclaimer: Material found on the Successful Schizophrenia website is for your information only. We are not able dispense specific advice for your situation. If you are under a doctor's care, you should talk with him or her about your mental health goals and if they are not on the same page as you, ask for a referral to a doctor or counselor who is. It may mean interviewing several. If you are on your own, you may wish to contact your local county mental health department to ask for local resources. Our site exists to show people that there are all varieties of mental states and assessments of those states; that sometimes 'mental health' is in the eye of the beholder; and that the mental health profession needs to continue to open itself up to the new paradigm ... progress is being made!
© 1995-2009 Successful Schizophrenia